Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conical Horn Antenna S11

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizduran

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a conical horn antenna at 60GHz to be used as a feed antenna for a parabolic reflector. I have calculated all the dimensions w.r.t. 60 GHz (especially the rectangular waveguide part) but my S11 looks messed up. In other words, why don't I have a notch at 60GHz and have good return loss around all the frequency range?? I have attached the S11 graph, far-field gain graph and parameters of the antenna.

Attachments

• Farfield Gain.PNG
    Farfield Gain.PNG
    93.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Horn Antenna Figure.PNG
    Horn Antenna Figure.PNG
    173.6 KB · Views: 146
  • S11.PNG
    S11.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 127

The S11 in general is pretty small; what values are you expecting? By "messed up", do you mean you are expecting larger S11 values away from 60 GHz? What do you expect the bandwidth to be, given the cutoff frequencies of the various modes?

I would check to see if the antenna is actually radiating: plot the realized gain and some of the fields inside the antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back