Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock rule violation: C5 and C8, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddhi.kapasi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to insert scan in my design.
I am getting these 2 violation:
Level sensitive port captured data affected by new capture violations (C5)
Level sensitive port clock path affected by new capture violations (C8)

What is the method to get rid of them?

If anyone had smiliar violation and could share information about it, would be appreciated.

Let me know if more information about my design or script is req.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

some help will be appreciated!

Whatever DFT tool you use, the violations come with instance name. Just look at the instnace in trouble in RTLs and trace the logic. It's much quicker and easier than just waiting for someone to chime in.

ok, I beleived you used fastscan, that call is violation C5-C8,
First the fastscan documentation, indicate why the violation occurs, and how to solve it.
for example: to solve C8, set drc handling c8 ignore
As indicate by lostinxlation, the best solution is open the schematic to understand the problem, and fix it in RTL code, or force the "cell" to be process at X during the different phase.

You can also refer supportnet.mentor.com for a detailed explanation on C5 violation and how to solve it.
Hope this is use ful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back