Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change baudrate AXI UART16550

Status
Not open for further replies.

arminb73

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, nice people. I'm working on a project that will require the use of the AXI UART16550 IP. Right now, I'd want to change the baud rate of the IP, but I'm having problems doing so. There is an example in the IP's product guide that shows me how to design using the core (see image). Even this section is challenging for me because of my lack of C understanding... I've also included a picture of the block design that connects the PS to the IP (see image).

I'm hoping that some of you may be able to assist me in carrying out this example.

Attachments

• example_1_axi_uart.jpg
    example_1_axi_uart.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 123
  • bd_axi_uart.jpg
    bd_axi_uart.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 120

Hi,
because of my lack of C understanding
I can see nothing related to C.

For baudrate setting the solution is straight forward.
* Use the given formula, treat it as 16 bit (2x 8 bit) unsigned integer.
* send the LOWer and HIGHer byte

What exactly is the probem?

Klaus

Hi,

I can see nothing related to C.

For baudrate setting the solution is straight forward.
* Use the given formula, treat it as 16 bit (2x 8 bit) unsigned integer.
* send the LOWer and HIGHer byte

What exactly is the probem?

Klaus
Hello there, Klaus. The primary issue is that the example shows the stages, but I am unable to complete this job in Vitis since I don't know where to begin. Specifically, I am not yet proficient in the design flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back