Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone share more about "Transplant PCB"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngkl99

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I come across the term transplant PCB.
It means if the PCB panel has 2 cavity,
and if cavity 1 quality has problem,
PCB maker will take it out and proceed
manufacturing of cavity 2.

Can anyone share more details?

Thanks!

yeah, how to request supplier to control this process. (guideline or know how)
we ourself also lack of experience

It's not clear what you're asking for.

The PCB manufacturer might X-OUT individual pieces in a panel that fail electrical test or visual inspection.

If you are placing components per panel, your placement machine must be able to recognize X-OUT boards or at least have a manual partial placment option. Otherwise you need to order "no X-OUT" panels.

If you look at some IPC DFM and DFM information there are recommendations for Panel fiducials and pad circuit markers. The bad panels are detected during ATE testing of the complete panel, preferably to an IPC-3D-351 netlist if Gerber's are supplied.

Hi,this is Sunny from China,i work in PCB factory more than 3 years,Let me try to explain this to you. i attached one picture to explain it. transplant PCB.jpg

It means to use an OK unit to replace the not OK unit from other panels with X-OUT units to get a fully OK panel.

Normally PCB factory will not do transplant PCB ,because the cost of transplant is high .sometimes even higher than unit price .
Also if PCB factory want to do transplant ,they will ask for customer's agreement before operate.So take it easy.
But if you want to be more safe , You can just indicate in your "quality standard" that you will not accept the transplant PCBs then the PCB factory will follow your specification.

If you need more details,please contact me .
e-mail:deftpcb@deftronics.net

BTW,i currently work for Shenzhen Deftronics Technical Service CO., Ltd.We do PCB design/PCB manufacture/PCB assembly .I only have experience in PCB manufacture and my bosses good at PCB design /assembly .If any needed ,please contact me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back