Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building an AVR ISP programmer for COM port

Status
Not open for further replies.

behranghm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello eveyone

it's been quite a while i've been programming avr under stk200 protocol, it seems sort of unrelible to me for some reasons because even when using a buffer, you might damage the parallel port, now i was wondering if anybody has any link for documentation about builing an AVR programmer which could be connected to the COMport, something like the atmel's AVRISP which works under stk500 protocol.

i need full circuit schematic and the documentation, i.e. the code needed to run the AVR on the programmer.

thanks

usbasp codevision

I recommending building h**p://www.fischl.de/usbasp/
A thing to add is 2x 1N4148 to lower supply voltage to 3.6v, some USB hubs have problem else to find device.

you need to program the atmega8 first time and 3 resistors to the parallellport enough.

avrisp protocol

go for avrdude bsd programmer

see my programmer
**broken link removed**

troubleshooting tips available in this link
**broken link removed**

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

avr isp programmer

atmel.com

stk200/300 isp programmer

Software: PonyProg (www.lancos.com) or Codevision (www.hpinfotech.ro)

PonyProg works with simple hardware interfaces like AVR ISP (STK200/300), JDM/Ludipipo, EasyI2C and DT-006 AVR (by Dontronics).

The CodeVisionAVR IDE has a built-in In-System AVR Chip Programmer that lets you easily transfer your compiled program to the microcontroller for testing.
The Programmer is designed to work with the Atmel STK500/AVRISP/AVRProg (AVR910 application note), Kanda Systems STK200+/300, Dontronics DT006, Vogel Elektronik VTEC-ISP, Futurlec JRAVR or the MicroTronics ATCPU/Mega2000 development boards.

Hardware:
STK200/300: (www.lancos.com/prog.html#avrisp)

I use: CodeVision and STK200/300

Regards, svicent

avr icsp protocol

dear svicent, i know about STK200/300 and codevision, in fact up to now i have been using STK200 with codevision, because with STK200 you need nothing excpet a buffer, and even like what YOGI has done, you can connect the AVR directly to the LPT without any 74hc244 on the way, my point is that although it's easy to programm the AVR this way, it's not reliable, because even with buffer you might easily damage the paralel port.

and i have the atmel's AVRisp which woeks under STK500 with codevision , what i need is the documentation to build one like that ,which is connected to the comport (and not LPT) and works with STK500.

thank you all

kanda systems stk200+/300

Hi!
visit the site www.lancos.com and you will find what you need.
There is a very simple programmer that connects to the serial port and does not even require a power supply to program the AVR chips.
I have been using it for the past one year without any problems.
I am also attaching a modified version or the progarmmer that i have built.
Regards.

74hc244 avr isp

hello waseem
can i use 7805(5V) instead of lp2950-5V?.

usbasp codevision avr

hai waseem,
what program to drive the AVR programmer?

vogel elektronic vtec-isp

which program use for this driver

kanda stk200/300

PONYPROG2000 programmer is required for that driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.