Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Budgetting the memory of PIC16f84, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ece4afe

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

How can I approximate the no of bytes that my program in PIC is using, so that i can maximize the 1KB cpacity of it.

Or in other word, how will i measure or know the number of bytes of my program in PIC

tnx

Hi

Save the programming file (the hex file) in binary formt .BIN

Look at the file size - this the amout of byte your program occupy in the PIC micro

All the best

Bobi

Click View... Program memory. At the bottom of the window that pops up click on the "Machine" button.
This window shows exactly how the code is stored in the program memory. Scroll down to the last instruction of your code and see what its address is.

The program memory will be filled to the end with the instruction whose code is the same as an empty location (ADDLW 0xFF for PIC16F84, I think), so those are in fact empty locations (available for more code).

Hello

You can also know how much memory you are using when you program the PIC, using the programmer software.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.