Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

books or papers regarding Power Bus distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

laststep

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power Bus distribution

Hi,

I have some doubt on the power busing distribution, hope can get the answer here.

In most of the die, we can see that the power bus(global distribute) in each layer is only expand in 1 way, either vertical or horizontal. Why can't we bend the power bus in a single layer? 1 of reason that i can think of is to reduced the cross talk between different layer but what if there is not other signal nearby, can we still go into multiple way in a single layer?

Another question is that, any side effect if we distribute a signal like VCC globally by using a single "wide" bus? Will current sinking through this bus causing a problem?

Last but not least, can someone recommend some books or papers regarding the basic of power bus distribution.
Thanks!

Power Bus distribution

Any can help on this?
That would be good enough if you all can recommend some good book, article or web site for me to start off in the IO power Bus distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back