Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery voltage on ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I found the reason why I'm getting 2.61 V instead of 2.5 V, because input voltage (rising up to 15.2 V before diode D3) also impressing it's effect on voltage divider.

Also finally I got the circuit running properly. While viewing on oscilloscope I found around 120 mV difference between same ground on extreme corners of the PCB. So I simply joined these extreme away portions of ground using thick wire and Now ADC is getting proper reading and no more wrong reading. At the moment I have put board on extensive tests so that I can finalize it with few changes in the design as the suggestions showed.

Hi. Just wanted to share the end battery charger product that I made at that time after rectifying the ADC issue. It's attached herewith for the readers. Code can be improved further.
--- Updated ---

There's a typo error in schematic that wherever +12V is mentioned, it's +15.2V actually.

Attachments

• Front End Battery Charger by Azeem's High Tech Power.pdf
    762.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.