Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly language (8051) interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyathedon

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,I am using Sim31 and Asm31 softwares.
i want to make a program to calculate addition,division,multiplication,subtraction.
i am using SIM31(simulator) and want the user to to make a choice from the above four operation.how to use the interrupts in this . i want the program too.

As a first guess, you won't need interrupts for it. The arithmetics surely doesn't use it and the user interface can pretty manage without, simply polling the input device (whatever it is) when the code is idle.

Hi,
Fvm is absolutely right you don't need the interrupts for this requirement.......get your basics right first........if you are trying to make a 4 function calculator then you will need a LCD display 16X2 should be cheap and a 4X4 keyboard to give the inputs. else you can have a serial port sending the data to 8051 to do the calculation (the operands and the operator can be sent to 8051) and the results can be sent back to the serial port to be displayed on a computer

Asimov

get your basics right first.

absolutely right.

we seem to have lots of toddlers who want to fly first, instead.

Hi Pratyathedon,
I think I can write the code for your project but generally the charges are 20$/ hr( that the basic for any software engineer, even in pune). It will take some 6-8 hrs for coding testing and debuging. You can do the maths and send me the money if you want the code. There is a more intelligent option of writing your own code. The choice is yours !!!!!! :)

Asimov

the complexity of your project depends upon how many bytes of data you are going to process and i/o system. a cheap and simple method is to use PC's bidirectional serial communication., so that u can avoid complex( for begginers) LCD and keypad. and if u are going to process one byte only then. it is as simple like ADD A,B OR SUBB A,B OR MUL AB OR DIV AB. the examples of same can be obtained at 8051 micro controller by mazidi.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.