Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding a diode/circuit in COMSOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceAnalysis

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
I am trying to replicate the results of a paper (https://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/141219/ncomms6841/full/ncomms6841.html) which involves placing a diode into a metamaterial structure (see "structure wo diode.png" for structure). I have tried to do this by adding an electrical circuits module, making an effective circuit of the diode, then coupling it to the EMW simulation via "External I vs. U" components which are connected to Lumped Ports in the EMW module (see "diode attempt.png"). However, the Lumped Ports seem to barely let any current in or out of the circuit, so it doesn't affect the properties of the structure at all. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a better way to do this? I could just set an effective medium for the diode region (i.e. setting the permittivity, permeability and conductivity manually) but I would prefer to use a proper circuit, if possible.

diode attempt.png

structure wo diode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back