Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC188 transistor equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock94

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need the equivalent of a ac188 transistor.The transistors aren't available anymore.They are germanium transistors in pnp configuration.
Thanks.

They are still available on eBay in small or large lots as well as other Soviet block era transistors.

eBay Search - AC188

A more recent replacement, particularly non-Germanium, would depend on the specific application, design and may require an entire redesign.

Post a schematic of the circuit.

BigDog

Reactions: rock94

rock94

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
AC188 is on stock even at some professional catalog distributors.

If you don't need the power capacity, you can probably use any pnp germanium AF transistor-

Those are germanium transistors
later in India, BEL (now it seems stopped consumer electronic items) came up with Bel187 and Bel188
complimentary silicon pair in modified TO92 with in built heat sink tab.

- - - Updated - - -

rock94, I do have it, international postage will eat and it would not be worth it.
But, if you are from India, perhaps i can spare one for your needs
pm your address if Indian. it would cost you speed post charge , Rs40 around

Thanks everyone for the replies.I've decided to go with a newer equivalent circuit as it would not be worth the cost and effort involved in procuring the transistors.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back