Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About powering the UC2843 in DC-DC converter application

Status
Not open for further replies.

belax

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am building a fly back DC-DC converter based on UC2843BN (8pin-version).

The DC input will be from 10V to 27 V.
The DC-out 5V.

I have question about supplying the UC2843.
If I directly connect VCC pin to DC-input, my MOSFET Gate-To-Source will exceed its maximum value of 16 Volts, when the DC-input is above 16-17 volts.

I decided to build a series emitter voltage regulator, which should keep it’s voltage around 12.4 Volts when the DC-input is grater than ~14 volts and should keep its voltage almost equal to DC-input when the DC-input less than 14 volts.

I would like to ask if this UC2843-supply scheme is stable and reliable for my application? And also, would like to ask if there another typical solution of powering UC2843, when the DC-input in the range from 10 to 27 volts.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your advise for Zener in the gate path. I will consider it as my last opportunity.

I attached the schematic of my two-outputs DC-DC converter:

It is DC-input 10-27 V.
Output 1: Non-isolated 5 V (0-300 ma), which is directly regulated by UC2845.
Output 2: Isolated 12 V (0-300 ma).

I still have questions about powering UC2845.

The transformer I will design will mostly work in CCM. In DCM it will work when the load will be close to 2 Wats.
Is my Feedback/Compenstaion network good enough (stable and not too slow) for such mode?
I have never worked with UC284x before.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.