Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3ph diode bridge pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreas157

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, im working on a converter which includes a 3 phase rectifier bridge with diodes named like this...

i need to dispose them in such a way so the diodes can be placed on a heatsink beneath the board...pic

how could i dispose them in order to have the less copper tracks? is there a bit of a "standard" way to dispose the diodes of a 3ph bridge?

thanks! :smile:

The "standard way" is to use a three-phase rectifier module. If you intend to use individual diodes for some reson, you'll want to tell the case type and rated current in your application.

yup i know about the module. these are TO-220AC switching diodes. ~2.5W losses each, 2.6A avg through them. i have them stock so i am not buying a bridge module :lol:

i also forgot to mention that my board has to layers! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back