Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 phase full wave rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaknabbit

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi EDA,

I'm doing a 3 wave fully controlled rectifier with 3 tca785's, the issue comes becouse of the control voltage, it should be connected to the pin 11 of the 3 tca785's but, every tca785 has its own ground point for his supply voltage and the control voltage has his own ground point too. And my question is, how could i isolate the control voltage for each tca785 to have them whith the same control voltage but it refered to each tca785 ground?

Salutes and thanks.

Either some optocoublers or some gate driver transformers (or one with 3 outputs), between the one controller and each TCA785 unit. But why using 3 phases and 3 tca devices ?, why not put the rectified of all phases into one tca785 ?

The point is that the project is doing this with 3 phases, 3 sync voltages and 3 tca785. But using an optocoubler i wouldn't have the same control voltage not? i would turn on the transistor but i wouldn't replicate the v voltage in the another grounded circuit, or

You have already solved the issue one year ago, by using common control ground and trigger transformers. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/331187/

That seems to be the reasonable way. If you use separate grounds, e.g. because you want to save the trigger transformer, you can't avoid analog isolators for the control voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.