Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V E Scooter Relais Start Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolg1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
This scooter has a Songle SLA 12VDC SL-A relais and two 2pole switches. One switch is the foot control on-off. The other switch cuts a circuit when pressing the brake pedal. Manually engaging the relais starts the motor. As long as the motor is in motion the on off footswitch stops and starts the motor via the relais.
Once the motor stops for more than half a second pressing the footswitch has no more effect on the relais.

Any ideas welcome Rol

Hi, are u trying to say that the relay has a timer or sensor that dis engaged the on/off swich when ever the motor start moving?

Hi
Thanks, There is no timer.
I think I figured out that it is deliberately designed in this way.
In operation it works like this.

1. Switch on main power switch
2. Start the scooter manually while pressing the foot switch
3. Once the rear wheel turns the motor via the drive belt the on/off footswitch operates the relays ok

Why or how it's done this way seems the only part of the puzzle I need to solve now.

Regards

Hello, can you post the schematic diagram, to analys it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.