Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fan 5x USB x fan 12v performance

cecil87

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a 5v usb cooler for a tv box and I have questions

1) for tvbox is there much difference between a 120mm USB cooler and an 80mm cooler? I have TVBOX T95 Max Plus

2) is there a big difference in cooling between the 5v usb cooler x the 12v cooler powered by a power supply?

Hi,

The datasheet(s) will tell you.
And if you are asking us: we need to read the datasheets first. This is where we get our knowledge from.

Klaus

Will a 12v PC fan adapted to be used on a 12v power supply cool and exhaust better than any 5v USB fan? In my TV box I use a 5V USB fan. If I put it to 12V exhaust, will the temperature drop?

In general, there are supposed to be significant differences. 12V cooler can typically run at a higher RPM (revolutions per minute) and move more air compared to a 5V USB cooler.

a 12v 80mm cooler is more efficient cooling than a 120mm 5v usb cooler?

Does more rpm increase CFM?

Fans are made with different RPM. 5V and 12V types with same RPM have same airflow.

Without referring to actual data, the question is pointless.

I see that the portfolio of larger size 5V fans is however relative limited.

What would you recommend me to change the 120mm 5v usb fan for a 120mm 12v fan adapted to a 12v power supply or buy a better 5v usb fan?

I use a TVbox and I use a 5v usb cooler and it maintains the temperature between 49-57C and I wanted to reduce this temperature further without opening the device

I want to get the best exhaust cooling fan but I don't know the technology and efficiency model brand 5v usb or 12v

I need a recommendation for a good cooler, good brand, good characteristics, 120mm and whether to buy 5v or 12v

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: