Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0.5um CMOs and 0.6um CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
From the process evolutions, we can see 1.2um--1.0um--0.8um--0.6um--0.5um--0.35um--0.25um--0.18um--0.13um--90nm--65nm.....

I wonder the 0.5um CMPS and 0.6um CMOS is the same generation process? If so, why for the same generation, theres are two different processes?

Thanks

yeah there are the same generation but i think some foundries make 0.6um and other make 0.5 um but they same generation

khouly

only the minimum channel length is different,
of course, use 0.5um process can product 0.6u channel length mos.

Added after 44 seconds:

the speed will be increase, and vt will decrease form 0.6um process to 0.5um process.

In analog design not difference betwen 0,5 or 0,6 in speed, noise and over factor. Its equivalent technology. You can choice fab and develop your circuits for it technology.

At the present, there are 35nm processes based on the 0.65 nm production processes close to production. But dont hold your breath, the actual speed gain is no where near what woud be expected...

which company has 35 nm process? I only heard about 45 nm, and probably not to many companies will go towards 32 nm and most probably one or two companies will go further...

drabos said:
which company has 35 nm process? I only heard about 45 nm, and probably not to many companies will go towards 32 nm and most probably one or two companies will go further...

Intel and IBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back