Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me short two tracks of double sided PCB through hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_monica

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys i am going to use double sided pcb for the first time now i wanted to ask if there are tracks on both sides and i want to short the two tracks through hole how do you get the copper through the hole understand?

Re: double sided pcb

hi

yes there will be tracks on both sides
to short circuit between 2 tracks on different sides, just drill,and weld a wire

I use wrapping wire 26 AWG, it is OK .
Of course you have to drilla a hole through the fiberglass.

Mandi

You use something called a Through Plated Hole/Via.

A Through Plated Hole (Via) is a hole that goes from the top (of the PCB) to the bottom (of the PCB). it is a hole with metal around the outside and a flange at either end. It is put in place by thr PCB manufactured.

If you can not use a Through Plated Hole then then place a resistor and use a wire link.

Hi,

Connecting the copper trace from top and bottom side is to drill a via(PTH),which connects it electrically,since it is plated.

Plated Through Hole, a hole with the plated copper on its sides to provide electrical connections between conductive patterns at the levels of a printed circuit board. There are two types of PTH. One is for mounting components and the other is not used to mount component.

The list of drill bits shall be got from the Pcb Manufacturers,and accordingly your via drill can design and implemented in your designs,For eg, Assume they give a 40/20(Mils),now 40 is the dia and 20 is the drill.

Check some Pcb Glossary available by googling.....

Beside check this site out....

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ramesh

double sided pcb

IF... you are making the PCB at home, simply make pads at the point where you want to go through (this is called a via), make them big enough to drill out, insert a bit of cut resistor leg etc and you have a home via.

If you are having your board made professionally then just insert a via & let the manufacturer do it.

bottom side is to drill a via(PTH),

PTH means plated through hole. This means professional manufaturer deposit copper layer inside the pad/via hole from top to botoom layer. This means the pad is connected internally from top to bottom.

use minimal vias, in order to connect between top layer and bottom layer use connect it on component so you can minimize vias

thank you everyone for so much help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back