Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan III - does anyone have any info

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyglider

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I will miss 5V tollerance if it won't be (and probably won't) included like on Sparatan IIE

Spartan III use the 90nm Silicon.The core voltage below or equal 1.2V,I/O support 1.8V,2.5V and 3.3V,but doesn't support 5V.

Hi,

If you search in elektrod@ you'll find more topics about this family, this one for example:

**broken link removed**

and here

**broken link removed**

I have been rebuilding some Virtex E and Virtex 2 designs targeting Spartan 3s. No problems so far and really looking forward to get some samples. I have heard that the first samples will be XC3S1000 (don't know the packaging).

One think I like is that the 3s400, 3S1000 and 3S1500 are available in the FG456 package. That is a big improvement because in Virtex II you could have a 2V500 and a 2V1000 in a FG456 but that was it. If you wanted to go for a 2V1500 bad news, you had to go for an FG676 or bigger.

Another think is that they have only characterised a -4 speed grade, and the first tests I have run are not as good as I thought, it seems slower than Virtex 2 equivalent and I was expecting it to be faster because the geometry is going down.

We'll see maybe is ISE5.2i + SP1 a bit crap in that aspect. I guess when they get the frst samples they will update these figures.

Does anybody know prices? I mean an estimation, are there any Xilinx employees in the forum who could help?

Regards,

-Maestor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back