Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BALUN Selection for RF PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abinayaparamasivam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I need to choose the correct Balun(Balanced to unbalanced) component for converting differential to single ended signal. I can able to find only 50 to 100 ohms impedance balun. But I need 100 to 50 ohms.
ie, Differential to single ended(100/50)

Frequency Range: 5 GHz
please help me out ...

Thanks,
Abinaya

You mentioned that you can find 50 to 100 ohms balun (single ended to differential) but you cannot find 100 to 50 ohms (differential to single ended).
Just to let you know that any 50 to 100 ohms balun (single ended to differential) can be used in reverse, as 100 to 50 ohms (differential to single ended).

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for your response...
So I can use the 50/100 balun as a 100/50 by reversing this part.

I can able to find only 50 to 100 ohms impedance balun. But I need 100 to 50 ohms.
ie, Differential to single ended(100/50)

Are you sure you read the impedance ratio correctly? 50 Ohm unbalanced to 100 Ohm differential would be a very typical case.

One product that covers your 5GHz range, impedance ratio sec/prim=2
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back