Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Zigbee or CC2500 ??? URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigar 4 Electronics

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

My Requirement is a wireless channel (for data transmission) of almost 800m range. at Line of Sight.

I've two option :

1st is Xbee - Pro : **broken link removed**

2nd is CC2500 (Model 3403) : In this option I've two totally different source to buy the product
1) From (Sunrom Technologies) Rs. 1850/- :**broken link removed**

2) From Vega Robokit (without antenna) : Rs. 800/- : **broken link removed**

So I am confuse what is there which makes a difference of Rs.1050/- for the same product.
After viewing the datasheet of CC2500 from sunrom technologies (**broken link removed**) I come to know that they are providing an antenna.

So my Que. is out of above 3 option what should I use.Which is better to use for me ??? Please Help.
Can I buy CC2500 without antenna(in Rs.800/-) for range 800m (minimum).

Please guide regarding all aspects; I mean regarding the use of the module with ARM7.

Thanks for your time.

Previously posted on RF, Microwave, Antennas and Optics section but needs some more reviews and so I've post it here.
I've 8051 at one transceiver and ARM7 TDMI at the another transceiver.

Which ever solution you choose, I would strongly recommend the use of an external high gain antenna for a 800+ meter range.

Also keep in mind the "ranges" quoted in the devices datasheets are for absolutely perfect conditions, outdoors, flat level ground with no trees, vegetation, power lines, buildings, not even as much as a mosquito, etc, between to the endpoints.

Typically, the indoor range drops to a relatively small fraction of quoted outdoor range, case in point:

XTend 900 1W RPSMA - 40 Mile Range

Boasts an ideal outdoor range of 40 miles (64 km), but drops to 3000 ft or 900 m indoors.

Therefore you can expect an actual outdoor range, in typical conditions, somewhere in between the 900m and the 64 km (40 miles).

BigDog

Thanks for the replies...

can you tell me how much range I'll get through CC2500 with specified antenna in datasheet ?
Can I get it 100-200 m (Indoor) through this?

Thanks for the replies...

can you tell me how much range I'll get through CC2500 with specified antenna in datasheet ?
Can I get it 100-200 m (Indoor) through this?
don't know about the cc2500 but I have operated the XBee series 2 over 100 meters (the specification states say 120meters range) and longer distances using routers and coordinators
https://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2213

if used indoors the structure of the building has major effects on range and may need more routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back