Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zigbee modules for small network

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashok84

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to deploy small mesh network. my requirements are

* Minimum 802.15.4 MAC should be there.
* Board should have Many GPIO for users.
* Good to have have USB( or UART) interface. (Minimum PAN coordinator should have host interface, remaining can be without host interface)
* Good to have few sensors on board (Not must)
* Low cost
* debugger
* IDE (gcc compiler)
Can anyone suggest any modules?

the XBee modules are easy to use, have a UART interface and have some IO but are a bit expensive (approx £20)
XBee® ZB ZigBee® RF Modules - Digi International

these days I tend to use MiWi which is simpler
**broken link removed**

for a cheap development board Microchip's microstick is very good (we use it as a basis for lots of student projects)
**broken link removed**

it has an on board programmer and header to fit a breadboard - free IDE and compiler

Hi Can you suggest me to get ZigBee sample development kit?

The XBee dev kit are on (the X-CTU configuration software is free from the digi web site)
XBee® ZB ZigBee® RF Modules - Digi International

the one I have (about £250 in UK)
**broken link removed**

I have also used the Microchip Zigbee dev kits
**broken link removed**

as I mentioned in my last post I have given up on Zigbee - too complex and expensive - now use Microchip MiWi or the Nordic RF modules

can you suggest me any free dev board one.

our students using XBee tend to use Microchips' microstick dev kit (about £16 in UK)
**broken link removed**

which plugs into a breadbaord with CXBee connected to a UART

as I mentioned in my last post I have given up on Zigbee - too complex and expensive - now use Microchip MiWi or the Nordic RF modules

What is specification used by Nordic RF modules, did they follow IEEE 802.15.4 spec. i have check their products they didn't mentioned IEEE 802.15.4 complaint RF.
if they they are following a different specification, Can you please share more details about this Nordic

As far as I am aware the Nordic ultra low power RF units don't support IEEE 802.15.4
**broken link removed**

I tend to use Nordic devices for local communications where Zigbee etc is overkill.

take a look at Microchip's MiWi which is IEEE 802.15.4 and simpler than Zigbee
**broken link removed**

see the MRF24J40MA
MRF24J40

more discussion on
IEEE 802.15.4-2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zigbee is the great technology i have ever seen.They actually replace bluetooth these days.They have all the modified features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back