Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zero width glitch in VCD file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrahimi.khoy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing some functional post-synthesis simulation on Modelsim and I can see lots of zero width glitches in the VCD file. Considering that it is a functional simulation, it seems to be odd.
Any idea?

There might be some specify blocks present in the library cells.

Have you got any clue? I am also confused with this problem. I am using a VCD file generated by RTL simulation. And using Synopsys 'vcd2saif' command to generate saif file, in which I found a target wire has toggle counts at about 1188. I also write a perl script to count the toggle. It found more than 2700 toggles. Then I searched the VCD file and found that the target wire toggles twice at one time point sometimes.

I was using Nangate standard cell library and there was a problem in this library. In fact there was some sort of feedback in some cells and modelsim does lots of iterations on these loops. I removed them and problem solved. Are u using Nangate for synthesis?

I was using Nangate standard cell library and there was a problem in this library. In fact there was some sort of feedback in some cells and modelsim does lots of iterations on these loops. I removed them and problem solved. Are u using Nangate for synthesis?

can you tell where did you get the nandgate library? Please share the link if it is free.

Thanks

can you tell where did you get the nandgate library? Please share the link if it is free.

Thanks

You should register at here
**broken link removed**
After registration, you can download it for free.

Thanks for your reply. My VCD file was generated from RTL simulation by Modelsim, no technology library involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back