Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zeland IE3D batch file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghb

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zeland ie3d

does anyone have an example of a batch file to execute Zeland IE3D simulations?

thanks in advance.

ghb

zeland agif

ghb said:
does anyone have an example of a batch file to execute Zeland IE3D simulations?

thanks in advance.

ghb

Hi,

create such .bat file:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Zeland\exe\ie3d.exe" "X:\path_to_your1.sim"
"C:\Program Files\Zeland\exe\ie3d.exe" "X:\path_to_your2.sim"
"C:\Program Files\Zeland\exe\ie3d.exe" "X:\path_to_your3.sim"

First you have to prepare .sim files in IE3D simulation window
(after setup --> create .sim file only)

how to automate .gds files

Yes. This is the traditional way. However, as I mentioned earlier, we are introducing a new feature called AGIF (Automatic GDSII to IE3D Flow). You can create a template file (*.i2i) file to define how you want to process the gdsii file's layer. Then, you can run the IE3D in batch mode as:

ie3d my_template.i2i -gds -sim

It will automatically create the ie3d model and simulate it from each .gds file in the file list in the .i2i file.

You can also create an ASCII file: my_gds_list.txt with each line as the file name of a gdsii file. Then, you can run it as:

ie3d my_template.i2i my_gds_list.txt -gds -sim

IE3D will run all the gdsii files one by one automatically. This feature will be available on the IE3D Special Flow Edition 11.06 to be released next week. Future development will allow users to automate the procedure from other major layout formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back