Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

yagi antenna design procedure in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

harishr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am new to hfss, can any one help me , how to design yagi antenna 2.4Ghz ? any one have pdf for calculations / design procedure please

If you want to design and implement Yagi antenna you must have basics of Yagi antenna then comes the question how to implement it in HFSS.

If you want to design and implement Yagi antenna you must have basics of Yagi antenna then comes the question how to implement it in HFSS.

thank u sir,
Actually i had gone through the basics of yagi antenna . but now prob is how to start with hfss design . do u have any pdf or tutorial pl

Well if you are totally new with this software the best approach is follow some basic examples of antenna from HFSS you can very easily find them just google them. The best part is start with some example simulate it try to feel home with software and see the results relate them with theory and then make changes it will give you feel of software. If you think this is still something beyond the scope of a bignerr then you can find basic tutorials about HFSS on YouTube with complete software description and how to begin with. A simple google
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptYYlsr1jkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oTMlDGldU
It is always better to search well

i had design the dipole at 2.4GhZ, now prob is at the end of the design need to draw radiation box . what are the rules for drawing the dimentions of radiation box? is there any rules/equations / any relation with respect to lambda?

Good to know that you made it. I am not an antenna guy so can not comment about the radiation box size.
All I can comment is that surf some more material and you will find the answer or try to simulate with different size of radiation box and then see how it affects the simulation by comparing the results with some antenna theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back