Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XY location file generation from expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_pcbtech

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generation x y in india

Hi Guys

Could anyone help me figuring out the way for generating xy component location data?
Thanks in advance.

Rajkumar R

x y files expedition

Raj

You can use Report Writer for this.

Output-->ReportWriter, select Physical board data, and hit OK.

In reportwriter select Query-->Interactive query

In the 'Tables' column select 'Tcomp'. In the 'Fields to show' column select 'Tcomp.RefDesignator', Tcomp.X, Tcomp.Y, Tcomp.Rot and Tcomp.Side'.
Hit the button with the little 'man' (top left) and the report is there.

You can sort the report and save it to a file.

generation x y

In Expedition, you want to generate a Generic AIS file. To do this, do a File->Export->General Interfaces and select Generic AIS.

If you have scripting enabled, there is an example script called AIS.vbs that is basically the same report, but it would allow you to customize the report to your needs. This file can be found at C:\MentorGraphics\2007EE\SDD_HOME\standard\examples\pcb\Automation\Scripts

generic ais expedition

Can you assist me to customize scripts?

-Rajkumar

Hi Rajkumar,

I will give small tips I hope that is you want,

Run the command “pr -file -x” in the placement finished file ( Keyin command)

After completion a file named as “xyplace.dat” is generated and stored in the folder as " filename\pcb\config "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back