Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] XL4015 5A Step Down Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianWardiana

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've used this step down to charge 12 VDC battery. The input is 15-19 VDC and i set output at 13.8 VDC 0.5 Amp.
My question is why i heard sound like "HMMMMMMM" in inductor of this step down?
I'm forget the specification the battery.

Regards,
Ian

There's no reference to a module in your post. Basic XL4015 step down controller doesn't provide constant current regulation, just 7A switch current limiting. Thus I wonder how you are setting current to 0.5 A. What's your input power supply?

Without a schematic, we can only guess about the circuit. I suspect they didn't manage to design stable constant current control.

Hi,

I've got schematic from this site:
https://cxem.net/pitanie/5-325.php

Here is the schematic:
xl4015.png

Regards,
Ian

Not bad at all. According to my trivial knowledge of Cyrillic, 10H could stand for 10 nF?

A problem might be that the current controller PI time constant changes when varying the current set point, not sure if it's unconditionally stable. There should be a series resistance between LM358 inverting input and set point pot.

Hi,

As what i know from a translate is sure 10H is 10nF.
What do you mean by PI is Power Input? What size of resistor that i must add?

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:

Didn't talk about power input. PI stands for proportional-integral controller. **broken link removed**

I was guessing about a problem. You should first check if the converter is stable in voltage regulation or at higher constant current levels.

If the assumption turns out right, a 1 kOhm series resistor might achieve stability at lower current set points.

Hi,

The converter is stable in higher constant current levels.
I didn't heard sound like "HMMMMMM" in inductor if i set the output current above 1.7 Amp.

Regards,
Ian

Hi,

I will try it tomorrow. I will notice about the result.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.