Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Spartan-3A Evaluation Kit. Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhanhubble

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm new to FPGA programming. I figured out that Xilinx® Spartan®-3A Evaluation Kit
**broken link removed** suits my needs.
I want to buy this kit here in New Delhi India. But the manufacturer's website does not offer any information on purchasing their products in India.

I read about Avnet's India Distributor here
Can any one please post the contact details of this distributor or any other distributor in India.
Thanks in advance.

I guess Digilent inc ship boards to India, but shipping is going to be as costly as the board. I bought their Basys 2 board recently and that is one of the best available in market for that price. Total cost when shipped to India could be around $150 (excluding customs duty).

If you want to be a li'l adventurous, checkout the board I designed in open domain at https://sourceforge.net/projects/spartan3adev/. It is designed as a double sided board and easy to get fabricated by any PCB fab. The problem is that the board is not tested and have no firmware/GUI for FPGA configuration yet.

Thank you so much Numa.

I found out that it is extremely difficult to get any of Xilinx boards manufactured or distributed by Avnet because they do not stock products in India and the shipping charges from the US are very high.

I contacted their office in New Delhi and they told me that the shipping charges would be close to $100 making the board too expensive. They also gave me one of their importers contact details who was too reluctant to respond to my e-mails.

But your advice helped a lot! I found out Digilent's local distributor near New Delhi.They quoted close to INR 6k($120 approx) for their Basys2 board.

I also explored other boards manufactured by Digilent and found out the Nexsys2 and S3EBOARD boards even more tempting.

I now plan to buy either of these boards from CoreEL Technologies India.

Thanks a lot again.

P.S.- For those in India who want to buy Digilent's boards fron CoreEl, they have offices in Noida and Bangalore.

Logix Park, A-4 ,Sec-16,
Noida-201301(UP)
Ph. : 91-120-4366000
Fax : 91-80-30723638, 91-80-25528955,080-41970400
Mob : 91-9810233256
Email:vinay.goel@coreel.com
Web : www.coreel.com

I had been designing a XILINX FPGA board recently. Now the design is finished and prototypes were tested as well. I have a couple of spare boards if anyone needs it.

@numa,

I have sent you a PM. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back