Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Parallel Cable-doesnt recognize my CPLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulaska

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx parallel cable

Hi, me again.

My handmade parallel 3 JTAG cable (belong to the schematic from Xilinx website) does not recognize my XC9572XL.
imPact can recognize my Parallel cable, and a device in the chain, but when i want to install or get ID, imPACT warns me "cannot recognize the device, if you have BSD file, you can load it .. etc.".
i load the xc9572xl.bsd ( c:\xilinx\xc9500xl\data...) but it didnt work.

i use ise 7.1 + sp4.

xc9572xl .jed

You can try the following, which is the method I usually use:

Start the Impact Software and then choose :
Edit -> Add Device

This opens up an file explorer window. Go to the folder where your JED file is stored and click on that file. Impact should now display an icon with your JED file listed. Right mouse click once on the icon to highlight it and then choose the program option from the menu bar. This will alow you to erase, program and verify the CPLD.

--- Steve

ulaska

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
xilinx parallel cable 3

Maybe these old debugging tips will help you, even though your error message is different:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back