Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XDB Database not available Error (Cadence Virtuoso, Calibre LVS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've seen this question posted in several dead threads, but never with a solution.

I keep getting the following error when I try and run LVS on my layout.
1616106399966.png

I think the one time I've gotten it before I was able to work around by solving all the LVS errors by eye as opposed to even looking at the errors, but this layout is a lot larger so I'm at a loss for how to deal with the issue. I'll post what I've tried in a comment.

Any help in solving this issue would be much appreciated.
--- Updated ---

I've read that it can have to do with the file being copied improperly. The file was copied, but it was with the Cadence copy so it should have been done correctly. That being said I double-checked the inputs to confirm that they point towards the correct version of the schematic.
--- Updated ---

... I posted this and Calibre stopped working altogether on our server. I'll return to post screenshots of all my settings once it'll open again.
--- Updated ---

1616107580432.png
1616107616261.png

--- Updated ---

And for the output
1616107677584.png

It should be generating all the needed files.
--- Updated ---

For context it works with all my other layouts. I checked the svdb folder and it indeed contains a folder ending in .xdb which appears to contain similar files to the other ones.
1616107909265.png
1616107930825.png

Last edited:

I've seen this question posted in several dead threads, but never with a solution.

I keep getting the following error when I try and run LVS on my layout.
View attachment 168130

I think the one time I've gotten it before I was able to work around by solving all the LVS errors by eye as opposed to even looking at the errors, but this layout is a lot larger so I'm at a loss for how to deal with the issue. I'll post what I've tried in a comment.

Any help in solving this issue would be much appreciated.
--- Updated ---

I've read that it can have to do with the file being copied improperly. The file was copied, but it was with the Cadence copy so it should have been done correctly. That being said I double-checked the inputs to confirm that they point towards the correct version of the schematic.
--- Updated ---

... I posted this and Calibre stopped working altogether on our server. I'll return to post screenshots of all my settings once it'll open again.
--- Updated ---

View attachment 168131View attachment 168132
--- Updated ---

And for the output
View attachment 168133
It should be generating all the needed files.
--- Updated ---

For context it works with all my other layouts. I checked the svdb folder and it indeed contains a folder ending in .xdb which appears to contain similar files to the other ones.
View attachment 168135View attachment 168136
Hi. I met this problem today. I resolve this problem by the following procedure: in the "LVS Options" open the "Gates" tab and select "Turn off" in the "Gate Recognition" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back