Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xbee Power Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobitavn89

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
Does any one use Xbee, a product from Digi? I an using some Xbee modules to build a WSN. Unfortunately, It seemed dropping voltage very fast. Do u know how to improving power consumption of xbee?

PS: I have read Xbee data sheet and it received "To improve low power current consumption, the XBee should set a couple of unused IO lines as output low. This can be done during application initialization as shown below." But I don't know how must i do??

they are very low power consuming devices

I mean that how I can config xbee to get long battery life, may be using GPIO PIN. Because, a few day ago, I tested a module Xbee with 3V supply but it seemed slow down voltage very fast. So, if I config it as Xbee end device mode, It loss power very fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back