Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

write pic register from visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

seetoh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!i'm designing a motor controller using PIC16F876.Would like to write the register which store the setpoint value through visual basic.is it possible to do so?

Hai,

Definitely we can set a setpoint in VB based on that PIC will work. We have completed a temperature set point for 89C52 through VB.

Best Wishes

hi!Thanks for your info!^^!

i'm actually employing PID to control my motor.
Beside setpoint, i also would like set my PID gains in visual basic then the previous gains saved in the PIC EEPROM could be updated.

Is there any way to do this?

I have come across RS232 dynamic link library but don't understand how it works..

Please help!Thanks!

HI,

definitely we can do this. I think you are going to update the new value in the previous one. yes ....

For that you can type the new value in the text box window already you created using VB. Click OK button then it will come to serial port . Then the controller read this value and save it to the registers. For that you have to set the controller to watch the serial port every one sec or two sec once. (this can be done through the program of PIC).

For serial communication any standard book yo can refer. easily you can understand. First you do a small experiment for reading data from serial port.
Then concentate your work...

Best Wishes

Sudan

ok!i try it out!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back