Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Would this Microwave Fruitmachine Cheater work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsallgood

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arcadenemy

Hi, could one of you cleaver people check out this link:

**broken link removed**

and tell me if you think that this gadget would actually effect the insides of a fruit machine to give you credit and stuff.

Would be interesting to get the schmatics for this.

Cheers.

Yes and no. It's certainly correct that the results these people claim on their site, can occur when the chip power is lowered and raised again (check this yourself by putting a dimmer on the cord of your own fruit machine.)
It's also possible that the control chip for the machines will be interfered with by microwaves, as they transfer to very low wattage electrical pulses when aimed at the chip.

What is unclear is:
Is it possible to direct the waves accurately at the control chip?
Is it powerful enough to affect it?

It wouldn't set any alarms off, but I suppose if it worked, which claimed 'effect' would it have on each give make and type of machine?

I'm 50-50 on this. The theory has a sound basis, it SHOULD work, but how often would a user achieve it?

having worked on fruit machines for a major manufacturer . it may interfeer electronicly as far as any electrical device may , but as far as giving credits etc the answer would be No

theirs more to fruit machines than some people percieve , both in their operation & operating sequences , and payout paramaters

even more so now with EMC regs

No, admittedly I haven't seen the credits added, but I think thats the 'INFRARED' devices' claim, not the MicrowaveRF. I've certainly seen the 'odd' banks being created and repeatedly collected though, so although I cannot vouch for all the claims, that one seems to stand-up.
Anyway, it's all illegal, so one shouldn't be tempted, even if the profits are potentially large. You'd come unstuck sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back