Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

would this be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would there be any problems if I input the audio signal from my car's head unit into this circuit and then out to the speaker to control the volume?
https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/volume.htm

My goal is to add another volume control to my steering wheel.

Since I have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, then I need six circuits?

You can use this circuit to control audio volume but you will need an amplifier to drive speakers..
Regards,
IanP

Read the **broken link removed**. Do the maths to work out how much voltage and current you need for the power output of your head unit and an 8ohm speaker. Look if that is within the rating of the chip.

yes, this is a line level volume controller, and you need the power amplifier to drive the speakers, and if you want to control six power amps with this, you've got to build six of this volume controller (but control them with a single pair of switches) since this is not a multichannel volume controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back