Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Worst case , Monte Carlo and Passive response

Status
Not open for further replies.

oshaye3

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have 3 responses which are displayed on the file attached with this message. PLEASE, I want comment and corrections as well. Please help me look very well on the file.

1. The passive filter is singly terminated which is synthesize using Cauer 1 method having a 3dB ripple size and with fc=50khz. It is giving the response, but the response is going up from 0dB instead of -3db which is not like the active filter which gives perfect response. What is the reason for not going up from -3dB? Please explanation! Thanks

2. The Monte-Carlo is ok, but any comments! I used 60 runs with 5% Gaussian distribution.

3. I want to know while the Norminal response ( red) is closer to the worst case device (green). When I did Monte- Carlo analysis and worst case scenario on active filter, the worst case scenario in the active response show the nominal response show more far distance to the worst case device response.

Should we assume passive is better than Active filter? Please, I need explanation so that I can rethink on my design process.

Many Thanks to this forum

Oshaye

Attachments

• worst_case and passive.jpg
    worst_case and passive.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 136

Status
Not open for further replies.