Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

working of chopper....problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manufacturers' data sheets do a good job of explaining it. (I assume you're talking about a chopper amplifier) Basically, the inputs are shorted, and a capacitor is charged to the value of residual offset voltage; then the inputs are connected to the signal and the offset value on the capacitor is subtracted from that.

I have come across an RF millivoltmeter that used a proper mechanical chopper - like a sealed relay that buzzed all the time. Basically the RF was applied to a special diode that produced pico-amps of current at millivolts. The chopper then switched this DC on and off which produced AC which was amplified with a high gain AC amplifier. Its output was then rectified and fed the meter.
Frank

how to collect particular datasheet for any component...can u suggest me any site.....thank you

Honestly speaking, although the other contributor where able to imagine a possible meaning of the original question, I'm not yet sure, to which kind of "chopper" the question refers, particularly because it's posted in the RF forum. How about starting a thread with a clear question?

Honestly speaking, although the other contributor where able to imagine a possible meaning of the original question, I'm not yet sure, to which kind of "chopper" the question refers, particularly because it's posted in the RF forum. How about starting a thread with a clear question?

Ah, I didn't even notice this original post was from the RF forum. If you're talking about an RF chopper, forget about what I said.

i m sorry for my inconvenience to you....actually i was talking about AC & dc chopper....used in POWER electronics.....now clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back