Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiznet11sr and GPRS connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdiiii

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i was trying to connect wiznet110SR with a siemens c60 gprs/gsm modular .
1) can i transfer internet from GPRS through wiz110SR to ethernet ?
2) i did test the wiznet and it work's fine both ways but when i try to send from ethernet to GPRS modular with RS232 nothing happens and the GPRS modular don't seem to get anything from the wiznet110SR any help??? this is so urgent plls

It's not clear what you want to achieve. The W110SR is a Ethernet-to-RS232 gateway module, it doesn't handle the C60 GPRS connection. It can't work e.g. as a Ethernet-to-GPRS network router.

thank you for replying
the wiz110SR is a serial to ethernet gateway it convert RS232 protocol to Ethernet protocol and same with ethernet to serial (both ways), i want to connect wiznet110SR via RS232 with C60 GPRS and connect does that give me internet in the Ethernet side?????? if not , what is the possibility to convert GPRS Internet to ethernet ???

You have to run a router software. A windows PC connecting to the internet through GPRS e.g. can act as a router in the local network. There are also hardware GSM/GPRS routers available.

Status
Not open for further replies.