Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzraw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a Wiznet812MJ module with dsPIC33FJ128GP802 and i have written my own routines to write and read from wiznet registers.
I have reached far enough so that I can send a ping request from a computer and get a response back from the wiznet module.

Now I'm trying to create sockets but I am having problems. I am writing some data to wiznet's DHAR, DIPR and DPORT registers and when I read them back, I get only default values of those registers instead of the values I wrote. But if I write the same value to RMSR, TMSR or GAR registers then I can read them back later fine.

Does anyone know why these particular registers are being reset to defaults? Is it supposed to do that? I went through the datasheets and driver code written for AVR and followed similar steps in my program. Maybe I am missing something here?

Here's wiznet's datasheet:
https://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee4...36_qc36/references/W5100_Datasheet_v1_1_8.pdf
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…