Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wiznet register default values

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzraw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a Wiznet812MJ module with dsPIC33FJ128GP802 and i have written my own routines to write and read from wiznet registers.
I have reached far enough so that I can send a ping request from a computer and get a response back from the wiznet module.

Now I'm trying to create sockets but I am having problems. I am writing some data to wiznet's DHAR, DIPR and DPORT registers and when I read them back, I get only default values of those registers instead of the values I wrote. But if I write the same value to RMSR, TMSR or GAR registers then I can read them back later fine.

Does anyone know why these particular registers are being reset to defaults? Is it supposed to do that? I went through the datasheets and driver code written for AVR and followed similar steps in my program. Maybe I am missing something here?

Here's wiznet's datasheet:
https://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee4...36_qc36/references/W5100_Datasheet_v1_1_8.pdf
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back