Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Weather Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_714

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I would like to do a project related to wireless weather station. The reqirements are simply described as follows.

Function: Temperature, Relative humidity, Wind speed, Wind direction, Pressure, UV detection, Real time clock and (compass is optional).
Communication: Use RF module to transmit and receive data

Power Supply: Solar panel and a battery rechargable circuitry

Data output: LCD display to show the information of the weather

So i would like to obtain some advise from you all. Information like selection of sensors, MCU, hardware circuitry, source code, reference websites...etc....would be welcomed.

Thanks for the help from you guys.

Kit

What microcontroller are you planning to use?

Language you intend to use?

I'll be willing to help?

Hi all,

i prefer to use 8051 and use C for the programming. is it ok? Any better choices?

And i have search some information on the internet...about the RF ICs....it seems that cc1000, cc1100, cc1100 are common...

since i am not so familiar about the principle of RF....so can you all give me some advices on these ICs?

Besides, you all are welcome to leave msg about the selection of sensors, reference websites, programming skill, suggested schemetics...etc....

Thanks.

kit

kit_714 said:
And i have search some information on the internet...about the RF ICs....it seems that cc1000, cc1100, cc1100 are common...
Kit,

Building an rf transmitter from ICs is a separate project by itself. If you are not constrained by the costs, I would recommend OEM packet modems such as AeroComm, MaxStream, MicroHard, FreeWave, etc. They are easy to integrate.

Nick

Hi Nick,

The cost is limited.....

And i would like to design the circuit by using ICs...

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi All,

By the way, does anyone have ideas about the selection of sensors?

Besides, it would be welcome if there are schemetics about the battery recharge circuitry by using a solar panel as a power source....

Thanks

Kit

Hi,

In fact this is a school project...so the cost is limited....

If there are suggestions of low cost design on circuitry....welcome to suggest....

Thanks.

Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.