Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless sensor networks sensing range

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldking

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my question is when the battery power of the sensor node reduces means whether transmission range also reduce or not? please clear me in detail.
thanks in advane

You give so rare shortage of any information that any advice cannot be given. A "wireless sensor" can be e.g. a pressure sensor transmitting the output wirelessly, or, a pair of a transmitter and receiver forming a sensor of their distance.

What is what you have and what you want?

Thank you for your immediate reply sir. in my simulation i want to send the message to sink in one hop instead of multihop. if initially the node can send upto 10 meter means after it drains for half the battery power means it is possible to cover the same 10 meter or not. that is my question sir.

Thank you for your immediate reply sir. in my simulation i want to send the message to sink in one hop instead of multihop. if initially the node can send upto 10 meter means after it drains for half the battery power means it is possible to cover the same 10 meter or not. that is my question sir.

Like in any radio link, you will have to calculate the power budget. It must include not only the transmit power, but also receiver noise figure and most of all ANTENNA GAIN. The antennas if made directional will send the available power to a selected receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back