Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] wireless communication through RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahbaz.ele

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all I want to link two LAPTOPs via a wireless link using RS232 port.
Range should be more than a kilometer.
Can anyone help me ?
I want to send only ONE BYTE at a time.

you must have a transceiver on either side....
Based on the band ur going to select there are several transceivers available....
u can use zigbee modules....
there are several other options 2...

check out if anyone can suggest a low cost solution....

Hi shahbaz,

Our company offers a product that can create a wireless serial cable for you at 1km. Serial data that is fed on one side is simply regenerated on the output, along with retransmissions and data verification. For more distance you can also use a directional antenna. The serial input is UART, but we have examples of how to convert it to RS232. More information is available at Starman Electric - Wireless RF Modem I/O Transceiver Modules

If price if a concern, please email us and we can work something out.

- mstarman

you must have a transceiver on either side....
Based on the band ur going to select there are several transceivers available....
u can use zigbee modules....
there are several other options 2...

check out if anyone can suggest a low cost solution....

have a try.

There are some RF modules from HOPE RF. you can use them. i come to know about one company here which have made USB2RF converter also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back