Status
Not open for further replies.

podoljano

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, im having a quite wired problem witch my pcb. when i power it up it steadily ramps up its current consumption. when approximatly 10-15 seconds go by the current consumed is around 0.5A(thats where i have to switch it off.), where it should only be around 0.1-2A. The board atm only contains a few voltage regulators one small acclerometer, caps and resistors. I have checked the resistance between ground and vcc, and it goes off scale on my multimeter, so it seems that there is no short. i tried making some resistance meassurements on my caps, and they seem fine, the lowest resistance i got was in the 15Kohm range. and i have yet to find a shortet resistor. this problems seems very strange, especially because the current ramps up like that. do any of you guys have some ideas on how this can be, or how i can try to solve this problem? maybe instability in the regluators or something else?

Sounds like you've got something wired wrong. Maybe not a short, but something backwards. Check your cap polarity, etc.

Problem solved! it was a bad cap.. thanks for the advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…