Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows unable to start the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviraj_162

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m using windows 7. I have installed microsoft security essential on my laptop. My windows firewall was turned off automatically. I have tried lots of solutions. But still it shows an error, windows can not start firewall. What i have to do for it?

This problem may exist by some malicious virus or by some corrupted files. To troubleshoot the issue, try to execute the following steps: 1) At the starting upgrade the virus definition of Quick Heal and run a whole scanning. 2) Authenticate or check the Windows Firewall service and other failure service again.

a) Go to the start menu and then go to the search box into the control panel, in the search box type services.msc and then press enter. If it shows any message to enter the password then enter the password or continue with it.
b) In that select and right click on to the Windows Firewall services and select the properties.
c) You will get certain tabs from that click to the Log On tab, also make sure the option "Local System account" is chosen and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is not checked.
d) Now on to the General tab and notify that the Startup type is selected as automatic then click on to the stop button to stop the service which is situated under the service status.
e) After that click the start button from the Service status to start the service and lastly click OK button.

this is one thing that worked for me..

I will recommend you to copy the following files on another Windows 7 machine which Windows Firewall service can start normally and bring in them to the complicated one.
1) Initially place the FirewallAPI.dll and mpssvc.dll file in the folder C:\Windows\System32. And take out the previous one and paste the latest one. (a) in that click the Start Button, go to the search result box and in that type "cmd", after that select it and right click on to the Cmd.exe and Run it as an administrator. Keep in mind that if it show any message to enter the password, type the password or click on to continue button. (b) Now type the following command into the popup window, and then press Enter:
regsvr32 FirewallAPI.dll
regsvr32 mpssvc.dll
2) After it, move the following registry key on to the different Windows 7 operating system and export it. Then, copy and import it on the machine that creates the trouble.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MpsSvc
If also the problem persists after performing above suggestions, then I will recommend you to run System File Checker (SFC) to confirm whether any system file is corrupted.

Is this problem due to some virus the best is to reinstall windows. Also the scanning with a (assumed) infected system is not the best way.
If you think you have a virus scan your system with boot CD or -USB flash drive.

Hi, Used Avast Pro Antivirus , i think you got a virus in your computer, i also agree with flanella ,
if you instal a new window then its best, other wise use a good antiviurs prog to clean your system.

NO SIGNATURE LINKS ALLOWED

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.