Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows 8.1 genuine not detecting USB to serial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I bought asus laptop some months back with windows 8.1 genuine installed in it. It has three USB ports 2 with USB 2.0 version and one with 3.0 version. But it is not detecting any USB to serial cable, any USB to serial cable like Pl2303. So not able to connect any programming kit also. What should i do.

Have you installed the driver for the cable which you are using. The Laptop which you are using will be 64bit. So you need to install 64-bit supporting driver which also need to support 8.1.

Reactions: Dont

Dont

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes i have installed latest prolific usb to serial converter drivers, downloaded from their website.

try same cable in any windows 7 or win XP systems. if it works problems is it does not support win 8.1 and also I have found a note from their website saying " Windows 8/8.1 are NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions." So please check the device which is availble on your cable.

Dont

Hi,
Thanx. I tried some more version of drivers. Now its working. Lets see how long it goes.

Ok, If started working then it will work continuously and please mark your thread as solved. So that it will be useful for others and people will not give their comments thinking that not yet solved....

Dont

Hi,
Now the issue is every time i change the port it shows yellow sign, so i have to reinstall the drivers. When i come back to previous port it again shows yellow mark so i have to reinstall the drivers. And it continues.

DEAR...
Try the same cable in any other windows 7 or windows XP systems...

thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.