Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Windings in Ansys Maxwell External Circuit Editor( Wireless Power Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan.rio

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I am modelling a wireless power transfer system using two coupled coils. For the primary I am providing an AC source in the transient analysis of Ansys Maxwell.

My confusion is that, for the secondary, I am specifying the winding as external and providing a external circuit in Maxwell external circuit editor.(using a resonant capacitor and resistance) Will this work effectively? Also is there any way of measuring the power received ? Any kind of suggestions will be really great.

Also I have seen that we can use Simplorer to see the power received and efficiency. If someone can guide me or refer me it will be very hepful.

Last edited:

I'm not sure I can answer your questions, but I have a suggestion. From Maxwell, you can simulate the inductance, series resistance (thus giving you Q factor) and mutual inductance of your two coil system. Once you have L1, L2, Q1, Q2, and L12, you can simulate the whole system in a much more efficient circuit editor, like ADS or PSPICE, and add on all the capacitors and loads and anything else you could want. Trying to actually get power transfer from Maxwell or Simplorer is certainly possible, but sort of overkill.

I believe its best to use FEM solvers to get circuit parameters for your system, then just model the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back