Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this circuit work? Current meter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifithegr8

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Will this work

i want to make current meter I posted on this forum . i tried somethings but none of them worked well i plan to work on this ckt in ADC0831 datasheet .My question is that what minimum current is this ckt is capable of detecting and please tll me equation that converts ADC reading to Voltage???

Re: Will this work

Read theory of Operation Amplifier and datasheets.

Re: Will this work

That circuit is obsolete and you can see that the opamp is a poor-man's voltage reference. You want to measure the voltage across a shunt resistor and keep that voltage as low as possible to reduce losses and at the same time have that voltage high enough to sense or amplify.

What about this for a chip?
**broken link removed**

*Peter*

Will this work

Hi,
You hase it below title line:) ...=2A (full range).
You know how much bit hase your ADC, than is easyto calculate the theoretical min. value of an count...
K.
Your chance is at 10th of mAmpers:-(, or is it OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.