Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

will non_full_case infer priority decode circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onion2014

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
always @ (a or b or c or select2)
begin
r = c;
case (select2)
2'b00: r = a;
2'b01: r = b;
endcase
end

in an article, it says this will infer a priority, but I don't think so. can anyone correct me if i am wrong.
this is just a non-full_case case statement, why it will infer priority. priority should comes from the non-parallel case items. :???::???:

R takes the value of c for 10 and 11. Hence the priority

R takes the value of c for 10 and 11. Hence the priority

would you plz summarize the situations when case state will refer to priority encoder? I think I mess something up here.

it seems that without synopsis parallel_case directive, case and casez will always refer to priority encoder no matter whether the case items are parallel or not. but if we use parallel_case directive(no matter the case items are parallel or not), then only in this case, it will refer to parallel encoder.

So, when a case statement has mutually exclusive case items and it use parallel_case directive, it will generate a parallel encoder, but this parallel encoder will performance just like the priority encoder in the pre-synthesis simulation. There is no mismatch.
If a case statement has some "overlapping" case items and parallel_case directive is still used, then this is a mismatch between pre- and post-synthesis.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back