Not open for further replies.

Diamant

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
half bridge gapped

Please, make some comments about this design.
Total power consumption about 300 Watts.

Feedback - voltage from separate winding.
R6 - Current sensor
Connection LM3524 and IR2110 - I think must work properly.

Thanks

half bridge power supply schematic

I think in principle it will work. However, I found that IR2110 is a little too slow, so if you are running at high frequency, which I think you are, you may see problems with the delays introduced by the IR2110.

Another potential problem is the feedback for the main converter. I personally prefer the feedback from the output, but if the loads draw fairly constant currents, then this should work. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with your schematic.

ir2110 power consumption

Im going to use irf830 - low gate capacitance, about 600 pF.
frequences 60-80 kHz
this feedback - is not my idea, I could not proove that its not good

150 ns switch-on/off time IR2110 - it is not enough?

Thanks a lot. Its my first SMPS 300 W project

ir2110 working principle

I don't like to use 3524's and I agree the FB should be from the output to improve regulation.

bridging a power supply

OK, at 60-80kHz, it will probably be OK.
As I said in the previous post, the feedback may work well, especially if the loads draw relatively constant current.

Now working with TOP-switch part of power supply.

Problem! Ive got only 2 type of cores. The most nearer gap is 0.1 mm more than calculated ( I have core with 0.7 mm gap, calculations says must be 0.59 mm).
What should I do? how to resolve problem?

Use the one with the larger gap as is. The controller will adjust the duty-cycle.

Alternatively, use a piece of fine sand paper (600-grit or more) and sand down the ferrite. Set the sandpaper on a flat surface and move the ferrite on it using a circular motion, but maintaining it perfectly vertical. There will be a LOT of ferrite dust, this operation is really messy, but it works.

Thanks!

Works well!!! testing full load...

An another question.

The R3 in snubber is TOO HOT! Think, I must recalculate R3-C3 chain. I've got no idea how to do this. There are R3-100 Ohm and C3-2nF now in the circuit.
Dq1-Dq2 - FR157 diodes.Q1,Q2 - are cold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.