Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will it work? Power supply Half Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamant

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
half bridge gapped

Please, make some comments about this design.
Total power consumption about 300 Watts.

Feedback - voltage from separate winding.
R6 - Current sensor
Connection LM3524 and IR2110 - I think must work properly.

Thanks

half bridge power supply schematic

I think in principle it will work. However, I found that IR2110 is a little too slow, so if you are running at high frequency, which I think you are, you may see problems with the delays introduced by the IR2110.

Another potential problem is the feedback for the main converter. I personally prefer the feedback from the output, but if the loads draw fairly constant currents, then this should work. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with your schematic.

ir2110 power consumption

Im going to use irf830 - low gate capacitance, about 600 pF.
frequences 60-80 kHz
this feedback - is not my idea, I could not proove that its not good :D

150 ns switch-on/off time IR2110 - it is not enough?

Thanks a lot. Its my first SMPS 300 W project

ir2110 working principle

I don't like to use 3524's and I agree the FB should be from the output to improve regulation.

bridging a power supply

OK, at 60-80kHz, it will probably be OK.
As I said in the previous post, the feedback may work well, especially if the loads draw relatively constant current.

Now working with TOP-switch part of power supply.

Problem! Ive got only 2 type of cores. The most nearer gap is 0.1 mm more than calculated ( I have core with 0.7 mm gap, calculations says must be 0.59 mm).
What should I do? how to resolve problem?

Use the one with the larger gap as is. The controller will adjust the duty-cycle.

Alternatively, use a piece of fine sand paper (600-grit or more) and sand down the ferrite. Set the sandpaper on a flat surface and move the ferrite on it using a circular motion, but maintaining it perfectly vertical. There will be a LOT of ferrite dust, this operation is really messy, but it works.

Thanks!

Works well!!! testing full load...

An another question.

The R3 in snubber is TOO HOT! Think, I must recalculate R3-C3 chain. I've got no idea how to do this. There are R3-100 Ohm and C3-2nF now in the circuit.
Dq1-Dq2 - FR157 diodes.Q1,Q2 - are cold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.